Usability or User Experience is the art of making your website quite simple and easier to use. It helps you understand your customer’s online behaviour and gives you insight into what works and what does not.
What is a User-Friendly Website?
The term itself explains it all. Giving the simplest definition, it is something that is easily workable and accessible to others. However, there is something much more to it. The term user-friendly further breaks down to even more titles.
Understanding and applying the needed concepts to your website will significantly improve the way your visitors move easily through your website, also giving them a reason to visit your site time and again. Hence, increasing the number of your visitors that stay on your site, that further help in increasing your conversions giving you more of what you would want from your website, will pay it all off.
For every Web Development Company in India, the given aspects will definitely help in building and presenting a well-established website that is user-friendly and profit-driven for both, the company as well as the visitors.
The five aspects of a user-friendly website are :
This is where your traffic is going to find you easily when they encounter you for the first time. But, can they find what they want? Would they be able to understand the structure and the design? If they are not able to figure out what they are to do, or can not find what they are looking for, they won’t be able to learn enough from your site.
Your visitors must be able to do what they would want to and with the same speed. Having a website where your visitors can move through efficiently, will make it easier for and for their experience as well. Long page loading times are way more and too many pages on the path to your websites can diminish the efficiency of your website.
If there are many visitors, memorability stays very important. Whatever situation you tend to be in, you want people to be able to navigate and use your website quickly and easily, every time they visit your site. Avoid certain changes that include structure and huge updates to the system.
Having a user-friendly means taking away as many as possible errors you can. You also need to make sure about knowing how to recover from those mistakes, if the same leads to an error. Give in the right information and rectify the faults that have been done.
If your website is pleasant to use, your visitors are going to be satisfied as well. This means they are much satisfied with your website as well. Make sure you are doing whatever you can to satisfy your users.
These aspects help us define and understand what exactly the term user-friendly means in terms of web design. Understanding and implementing these five points of being user-friendly can significantly increase your website conversions. Run through your website and make sure that it is easy for you to use and be sure of pointing out how the site positively reflects each of the five points.
Why do you need it?
Research reveals that when asked about the most important factor in a website, over 75% of respondents stated they rank ease of finding the information at the top. Constructing your website in a manner that is very complicated to navigate, produce content too difficult to comprehend or design functionality to use. Your website will not it’s objective and that will result in lost business.
What makes it an effective one?
Proper planning and testing lead to a proper ending with effective results. Most of the established companies have a step in their project flow specifically designed to detect and eliminate potential usability issues. This type of step is called wireframing or prototyping. A wireframe is essentially a schematic, blueprint or pencil sketch of the website’s content. It typically has no definite design elements or colour, it rather focuses on substance. Switch all your attention towards Web Accessibility. It refers to the practice of designing websites that can be accessed and used more easily by people with varying levels of ability.
Few of the other aspects for an effective user-friendly website are
- An experience that will profit your customers.
– A successful website is always customer-oriented. If you help your customers solve a given problem or address their situations, they will love the website and also reward you with their business. If functionality is added at the expense of ease of use, you will mostly lose more than you will ever gain. To watch about one such story that has proven to be successful, then its facebook. It wasn’t the first social network, but it made staying connected with friends easier than others. Google as well was not the first search engine, but it later produced better search results.
- The best experience is all simple.
– Apple products are all known around the world for fully featured products that are easy to use. iPhone further revolutionized the smartphone industry in 2007, but the same was not because of its features. Instead, there were other smartphones containing the same feature. Apple further made these features easy to use. Make use of the same type of principle for your website with the help of the Web Design Services to help your customers more than your competition does.
Characteristics of a User-Friendly Website
There are ways to improve the usability of your website. The given below points takes a clear look at the given essential characteristics of a user-friendly website. These simple usability recommendations can make your website more appealing for customers and improve your chances of success online.
- Effective navigation
- Mobile compatibility
- Well planned information architecture
- Accessible to users
- Fast load times
- Well-formatted content that is much easy to can
- Browser consistency
Ways to build a User-Friendly Website
Evolving into something much more than just text and all information on a page, Websites help in giving a reason for people to use it while it also delivers entertainment, delivering quality and offering an intuitive experience. Fortunately, for you it is easier to make our website more user-friendly with the following given ways.
- Listen carefully to your users
- Provide them with in-depth information
- Speed it all up
- Make your navigation intuitive
- Choose your colours for your website carefully.
- Pay proper attention to CTAs
- Improve your site layout.
Don’t forget to test the functionality of your site before it goes live. A broken site can lead to great loss and it won’t help your site rank high in the search engines, either.
Choosing a good web development company can help you work wonders. They can also help you estimate the revenue impact of increasing your site speed. One such exceptional company is Website Developers India. A software development company that helps you in planning, creating, building and profiting your website as well as your visitors. Visit their site to know more about their works and their offerings.